Our sinfully sweet and thick Dulce de Leche toffee caramel is arguably the best dessert ingredient you will find anywhere in Argentina, let alone in the whole of Latin America! Rich deep brown colour and sticky-gooey-thick, Dulce de Leche toffee or caramel spread is so versatile you can use it on pretty much anything. Spread […]
Here’s some ideas on how to use it:
1) Chimichurri is beef’s best friend, as tradition in Argentina states, don’t eat beef without it…too delicious for words. Whether grilling steak, roasting a beef joint or just pan frying mince for pasta, get the Chimichurri in there, it is THE perfect combo of flavours.
2) Try the super easy Argie version of sausage sandwich, the magnificent “Choripan”, take any chorizo (the fresh squishy non-cured type is best) or sausage, cut it down the middle when cooked and squash it into a fresh French loaf or soft roll, add plenty of spicy Don Gaucho Chimichurri and devour whilst still piping hot! The Chimi will kick the flavour up 1000%, very addictive!
3) Whip it up into some mayonnaise, fill a baked potato or use on its own for dipping and dunking wedges, crisps or nachos.
4) Marinate steaks, chicken or fish fillets in it overnight, the flavour intensifies and penetrates the flesh for extra yumminess, turns sizzly in the pan too making an epic caramelised glaze.
5) Toss roast potatoes (sweet potato wedges are delicious) or any roast vegetables in a drizzle of Chimichurri after cooking.
6) Whisk a little into eggs whilst scrambling, for a perfect brunch (great with a cold beer!)
7) Amazing with pork, over chops or ribs for example or on a bacon sarnie.
8) Stir into freshly cooked pasta for an instantly flavourful light dressing.
Literally endless possibilities, prepare for this to replace any other sauce you’re currently enjoying…