Don Gaucho’s latest creation can be used in many different ways. It’s a hand blended fine mix of ground herbs and spices with an extra punch of chilli that combines to make a perfectly balanced yet also fiery and flavourful seasoning to use on absolutely anything! The flavour base is prickly spicy, savoury and earthy. Somewhat similar to that of […]
Our signature sauce, the Original Chimichurri, is a similar consistency to a salsa or chutney, a deep red jewelled glaze packed full of flavour yet made from simple ingredients such as red pepper flakes, garlic and herbs, all hand made following traditional authentic recipes. We took our time in perfecting this sauce to bring it to market, it comes from an old recipe in the family for years that we have followed religiously both in recipe and in how it’s put together, by hand, with love. In Argentina it has been traditionally served alongside grilled or roast beef for centuries, particularly beef barbecued over an open fire…the famous “Asado”.
Here’s some ideas on how to use it:
1) Chimichurri is beef’s best friend, as tradition in Argentina states, don’t eat beef without it…too delicious for words. Whether grilling steak, roasting a beef joint or just pan frying mince for pasta, get the Chimichurri in there, it is THE perfect combo of flavours.
2) Try the super easy Argie version of sausage sandwich, the magnificent “Choripan”, take any chorizo (the fresh squishy non-cured type is best) or sausage, cut it down the middle when cooked and squash it into a fresh French loaf or soft roll, add plenty of spicy Don Gaucho Chimichurri and devour whilst still piping hot! The Chimi will kick the flavour up 1000%, very addictive!
3) Whip it up into some mayonnaise, fill a baked potato or use on its own for dipping and dunking wedges, crisps or nachos.
4) Marinate steaks, chicken or fish fillets in it overnight, the flavour intensifies and penetrates the flesh for extra yumminess, turns sizzly in the pan too making an epic caramelised glaze.
5) Toss roast potatoes (sweet potato wedges are delicious) or any roast vegetables in a drizzle of Chimichurri after cooking.
6) Whisk a little into eggs whilst scrambling, for a perfect brunch (great with a cold beer!)
7) Amazing with pork, over chops or ribs for example or on a bacon sarnie.
8) Stir into freshly cooked pasta for an instantly flavourful light dressing.
Literally endless possibilities, prepare for this to replace any other sauce you’re currently enjoying…